I compiled this information long time ago for a friend. I found it in one of the folder eating dust. So here you go, hope it helps someone somewhere. You will find lot more information about recent advancements in this field but this could be a good start to understand Growth Hacking.
Growth Hacking is a marketing technique which aims to attract users at a relatively low cost and primarily by means of technological integration.
Objectives of Growth Hacking:
- Increase traffic to website
- To increase awareness about the Brand and their products
- Generate revenue through online sales.
- Build and Manage Online Reputation of the brand
Assumption: SEO is in place for the website. If not execute SEO project of all your marketing assets.
Phase 1: Infrastructure Development (5-10 days) Objectives:
- Get ready to roll.
- Social Media Accounts Setup, Design and Optimization
- Advertising Accounts Creation and Setup
- Content Strategy Planning
Phase 2: Brand Communication and Awareness (3-4 Months) Objectives
- Communicating the brand – content strategy
- Reaching out to masses – advertising
- Generating Email Database – contests
- Reviews by Bloggers/News/Third Party Content creators- Outreach
- Social Media Buzz: A launch campaign
- Promotions by – Facebook Ads
- Organic Efforts – Twitter outreach
- Newsletter Campaigns: Once a week All subscribers who have subscribed/using the app. To ensure that they use the app on regular note.
- Email BroadCasts via Affiliates: Based on target geography, mass mailers can be planned.
- Advertising for app promotions
- YouTube ads
- Adwords for Apps promotions
- Other mobile ads via portals like InMobi, StartApp etc.
Phase 3: Roadmap for Remaining 6-8 Months
A detailed analysis of Phase 2 to understand the response rates from various channels. The successful and not-so-successful campaigns will be evaluated. The budgets and roadmap will then be planned for remaining months.
Budget : Estimate budget per phase depending upon response to previous phase.
Channels for outreach
Social Media Channels:
- Or any industry specific community/Search Engines
- Bloggers Outreach
- Facebook Ads
- Twitter Promoted Tweets
- Accounts Creation: We set-up client accounts, select the best available Vanity urls.
- Design: We do the complete Social Media branding by designing the Facebook Time Line Cover Image, Facebook Profiles, Twitter background, Twitter Cover Image, LinkedIn Cover Image and banners. All designs remain in line with current branding of clients.
- Optimization: Optimize the profiles with keywords and meta-description
Daily Activities as part of Growth Hacking Project:
- Promotional posts about the new products or solutions on Facebook, Twitter.
- How TO’ photo posts to make Fans understand the amazing products.
- Humor and Comics
- News and Updates in the App development
- Stories about solutions built using Electrohms products. This should go to the blog as well.
- Discounts and offers and benefits of using your services etc will be posted.
- Answering Queries: Projection of the brand as the expert in this field. All the online queries of fans/followers or potential customers will be answered via same social media platform. Even questions are not related to the products, providing answer and linking it back to Electrohms website will help create outlinks for site, reputation and projection as solution provider.
- Start various open ended discussions. Discussions on different social media platforms will be initiated to engage users, make them participate, and provide useful solutions to other fellow users.
- Campaigns: We will run various campaigns. E.g. Solve the challenge where solutions will require to use Client’s products and submit entries online. These can just be the brain teasers for the current/potential customers to engage with the brand.
- Paid Promotions Management: Profiling and behavior of customers online will help yield more results out of paid online promotions. Facebook Ads are essential for buzz creation and lead generation. A well-targeted Ad to ‘Zebra’ customers can definitely yield the desired result. We will create, manage and optimize your Facebook adverts to increase your reach. Content and the nature of the ads will be focused to yield maximum ROI. Similarly Forums asking questions about buying suitable products of type produced by client will help get more leads. Creating the online community around client’s products through proactively helping potential customers make decisions or solve their problems will be a huge return from this activity.
- Tracking Leads: We will create database of all leads, potential customers and track the keywords related to Client & their products by using social media tools like Raven Tool and HootSuite. The potential users will be redirected to your website, Facebook and twitter page
- Answering Users: Followers will appreciate your services, seek help etc. Answer to retweets, @mention, messages and replies on twitter to build a personal connect and provide solutions to the users.
- Trends mapping: Based on your industry, we will map the trends on twitter, to keep your followers updated regarding the services and help you provide. This can be done by searching with the help of keywords related to the subject.
- User redirect to your site: Closely monitor the users online who are in search of similar App services. They will be answered or re-directed to your website/facebook page. This can be done using HootSuite, Raven tools.
- Best Timings: On the basis of opening rates, we will choose the best time to schedule tweets. We use http://www.tweriod.com/ to check the best timings depending upon the target demographic segment.
- Bloggers Outreach: Tech Bloggers, Innovation and Creativity bloggers and other popular bloggers will be contacted to write reviews and spread the word. By providing them a trial version of the app for one month, we can ask them to write reviews about it.
- SEO We will have to do Search Engine Optimization for the website. SEO helps in improving the visibility of a website on search engines. It includes process of highly ranking a website in search results which will drive more traffic, leads and purchases. It includes the following steps – · Finding the right keywords · Ranking highly for those keywords · Converting visitors into buyers
- Email Marketing: The database created from various technics explained above will be used for Email Marketing. Email Marketing helps in lead nurturing. We can send bi-monthly newsletter informing them about the products, applications of products, any case studies, offers etc.